The Consulate General of Malaysia, Vancouver BC was established on 18 July 1991 and operated from a temporary office premise of the then Malaysia Tourism Information Center (now Tourism Malaysia) at 830, Burrard Street, Vancouver BC.
On 1 October 1991, the Consulate General of Malaysia moved into a temporary rented office space at No. 999, Canada Place, Vancouver BC for two (2) months before it was relocated at the 19th Floor of a 23 floor commercial building of Cathedral Place at 1900-925, West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC. On 1 December 2000, the office was finally relocated to the current premise at Suite 1805-1111 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC.
The Consular jurisdiction of the Consulate General of Malaysia covers three Canadian provinces, namely British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
1. To promote and facilitate bilateral trade and investment exchanges between Malaysia and the western region of Canada;
2. To conduct public awareness activities about Malaysia;
3. To provide efficient and professional Consular facilities and services to members of the public.