Registration of marriage can be made in within six (6) months after your date of marriage in France or six (6) months upon arrival in Malaysia. Both couples are to be present for the registration and the documents required are as followed:
- One form JPN.KC 06 to be completed
- Marriage Certificate (Copie Intégrale de l’Acte de Mariage) to be translated in English language by a qualified translator (www.cetiecap.com)
- Two (2) recent photograph (Husband/Wife)
- Passport and copy (Husband/wife)
- Copy of foreign husband/wife birth certificate to be translated to English language by a qualified translator (www.cetiecap.com)
- Malaysian Identity Card and copy
- Fees of five(5) Euros
- Marriage photograph at the City Hall (Mairie) and with the Mayor.
Registration of marriage can be made after 6 months of delay, a sum penalty will be charged for the late registration.